Friday 4 January 2013

My latest painting, however, my first portrait - Faith


FAITH

Welcome back to my blog and a new year. I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be an 'Arty' one !!!

This painting of my niece was a Christmas present for my brother. I really set myself a challenge because  although I've painted on and off for 35 years, this is my first ever portrait. It took six consecutive Sundays to paint, which amalgamated, is less than a week, but this was because of the medium I used, ALKYD fast drying oil.

Griffin Fast Drying Oil Colour offers the excellent advantage of faster drying times compared to traditional oil colours. This means that the traditional oil techniques of both impasto and glazing can be done in considerably less time and a painting can be completed in a single session.

Because alkyd resin has physical properties that differ slightly from those of traditional oils, the pigment load is somewhat different as well. Experienced painters will notice slightly greater transparency compared to Artists' Oil Colour.

The most outstanding advantage of the Griffin Fast Drying Oil Colour is the speed of drying.



Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5


Week 6 - finished


4 comments:

  1. 'An Arty 2013' seems to suggest you enjoyed the process too! Marvellous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Being hard-wired so quickly into wonderfully talented & inspirational people makes me happy too. Et alors m'allumeuse, this link beautifully illustrates Blog sentiments!
      Please give it a whirl.

      http://youtu.be/v1-kv12QyiM

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete